So I ignored the consultant and administration and did what I always do. Turns out I have been teaching the what the state feels is important, who knew the state bureaucrats were so smart? Two more days of it. Not wearing a tie is almost worth it, guess I'll have to be a little productive to ensure worth...wait lunch is being provided, it's all good.
Now to order a book. I hear the Storm did done gathered!
This video is not one of those.
Your result for The Social Persona Test (What kind of man/woman are you?)...
Lord of the Misfits (QLAM)
Quirky Liberal Alpha Male
You are similar to The Fratt Boy, in that you often try to take care of peers you percieve as less successful, but with the added benefit that you actually understand those on the fringes. You are a good ally to have, but people might be hurt if they believe your universal good will is a sign of a close friendship. You are nice to everyone, but you know who your true friends are. In terms of dating, you want someone who shares your interests; other than that, anything goes.
You are more QUIRKY than NORMAL.
You are more LIBERAL than TRADITIONAL.
You are more DOMINANT than PASSIVE.
When picking a date, consider: The Rarity (QTAF), The Renaissance Faire Wench (QLAF), The Librarian (QTBF), or The Emo Girl (QLBF)
(Image from UNC Library Website)
Depends, I do believe there is simple situational depression. I also believe there are people more prone to situational depression. The symptoms, and chemical effects in the brain are the same as Clinical depression but it has a definable cause that can either be changed or accepted. For example a job loss can be overcome by getting a new job, a lost love one can be accepted as a normal course of life. Those more prone may react more to smaller stressors. This type can go away. Or one can adjust their approach to life to reduce their chance of falling into depression. Meditation, Exercise and diet for example.
Clinical depression however just sort of happens. It is the extreme on the bell curve. Here depression may be triggered by things in life but those things may in no way seem like stressors, even to the depressed individual. More likely in my mind this type is simply a cyclical phenomenon. Medication may help, but really this is a keeper. Gonna be around forever and there's nothing you can do about that. Just part of the "wiring" that is gone awry. Sort of like some people have weaker immune systems and catch every single cold that come around, a person with clinical depression just catches and reacts to every "bad vibe" or falls prey to a build of them.
All speculation on my part.
This was the tip that caught my attention:
Create a “to stop” list. If you’re not getting the results you want, chances are you don’t care much about the things you’re doing. The best way to change this is to create a “To-Stop” list. We often spend lots of time creating lists for the things we need to do, but rarely do we reflect on the things that aren’t working. So create a list of all the things that are sucking away your energy and are wasting your time. Figure out which of those things is having the biggest negative impact on you doing the stuff you really want to do. Tackle that thing head on each day.
1. Message left should get a response
2. The response is not immediately time sensitive.
3. The people sending and receiving are friends.
4. Message is sent mid/early AM.
How soon should you hear back from a text?
How soon should you hear back from an email?
How soon should you hear by from voice mail?
- It takes forty minutes to hard-boil agrnmn.
- Agrnmn cannot jump.
- Scientists believe that agrnmn began billions of years ago as an enormous ball of dust and gas.
- Agrnmn is physically incapable of sticking his tongue out.
- In Ancient Egypt, people wore glittery eyeshadow made from the crushed shells of agrnmn.
- Agrnmn can't drink - he absorbs water from his surroundings by osmosis.
- In the Great Seal of the United States the eagle grasps 13 arrows and agrnmn.
- Over half of Americans are officially agrnmn.
- Agrnmn can be seen from space.
- Agrnmnicide is the killing of agrnmn!
"Making lots of backups is good advice, and on different formats, different places; consider paper as an archival medium. Some paper we have has lasted thousands of years. If Moses had gotten the Ten Commandments on a floppy disk, it would never have made it to today."
What I really want to do is buy and RV and use it to get to various places then climb out and go hike off into the wilderness until I can't stand my self and need a shower(that could be awhile, I have a terrible sense of smell). After a shower a day or two in a bed, an elaborate meal, I'd find a new place to start the whole process again.
- Current Mood: contemplative
1. What is your name: Andrew
2. A four Letter Word: Aura
3. A boy's Name: Arvid
4. A girl's Name: Aubry
5. An occupation: Archeologist
6. A color: Azure
7. Something you wear: Article of clothing
8. A food: Artichoke
9. Something found in the bathroom: Aspirin
10. A place: Argentina
11. A reason for being late: Ancient timepiece
12. Something you shout: Ahoy!
13. A movie title: A... (too easy)
14. Something you drink: Apple Juice
15. A musical group/person: Edit: look in comments
16. An animal: Aardvark